19 feb Guide to H-4 Work Visa for Dependents For Your Needs
The H-4 visa lets you go directly to the U. S if you should be hitched up to a H visa owner.
The H4 visa is granted to your family that is dependent of a name visa owner (partner and kids under 21 years) who wish to get in on the title visa holder in america.
How do We Get the H4 Visa?
You’ll want to make the following actions whenever trying to get H4 visa:
You will need certainly to fill Form DS-160 on line. When you begin your H4 visa application, you get the DS-160 barcode. You’ll want to maintain the barcode verification web web page, printing it, and take it to you if you have your meeting.
Spend the applicable H4 visa costs
H4 visa fees are exactly the same as other H type visas. Currently, the application form cost because of this visa is $190. Spend the cost and save your self the receipt, while you will require it later on through your application procedures.
Schedule a visa meeting visit
Right while you file the DS-160 form, schedule a job interview visit with all the U. S Embassy from where you will be trying to get the H4 visa. The earlier you schedule your meeting, the quicker will you complete the visa application that is wholeH4. Once you schedule your interview, you’re going to get a page of verification, that you simply have to save yourself for later.
Compile the H4 visa document file
You need to offer the documents that are following make an application for the H4 visa:
- Filled DS-160 form.
- Your legitimate passport with a minumum of one blank page.
- Two US visa photographs.
- Receipt demonstrating re re re payment of $160 for a US visa that is nonimmigrant application.
- Photocopy associated with H visa holder that is primary visa.
- Photocopy of your spouse’s/parent’s I-129 kind, I-797 kind, together with Labor Certification Application (LCA).
- A duplicate of the spouse’s/parent’s passport with an obvious, recognizable picture.
- Your spouse’s/parent’s letter of work into the U.S.
- Copies of one’s spouse’s/parent’s letters of past work experience.
- Current pay stubs and income tax filing information, in the event the spouse/parent has already been employed in the U.S.
- If you are the son or daughter associated with the H kind visa owner, submit the initial birth certification.
- Marriage certificate. Because so many applicants you will need to fake being hitched to one another, you need to demonstrate that you have actually hitched based on your nation’s wedding tradition or during the wedding registrar. You are able to do that through submitting this proof:
- Wedding photographs in which you along with your spouse are plainly observed in the images and DVDs.
- Directory of wedding visitors.
- Receipts for re payments of wedding costs.
- Booking receipts of the honeymoon or any other post-marriage trips.
- If hitched just in the wedding registrar, you’ll want these:
- Copy of your finalized wedding registrar affidavit.
- Photos of both you and your spouse signing the wedding certification.
- Photos of the witnesses and whoever ended up being performing the ceremony.
Go to the visa interview
You need to attend the visa interview after you’ve applied online and submitted your documents. The interviewers will try to determine whether your relationship with the H type visa holder is genuine during the interview. Amongst typical H4 visa interview concerns may also be those concerning your intent for visiting the U.S. The interviewers will ask what you should do into the U. S to check out whether you want to participate in any unlawful tasks. Prepare for the meeting by obviously determining your reasons behind going and get prepared to respond to questions regarding your parent or spouse. Your application and interview should determine whether you’ll be given the H4 visa or otherwise not.
Get the visa
You should check your visa status on the site for the U. S Embassy what your location is using by entering the job quantity. The Embassy will alert you after they process your H4 visa. If you’ve been provided the H4 visa, you will have to go with the visa stamping procedures. The visa stamping is the final action so that you could finish one which just book your visit to the U.S.
In the event that you and your spouse are of different nationalities if you are outside the U. S, you will need to submit your application for H4 Visa at the U. S Embassy where your spouse or parent has applied or in your home country. If you’re in the U. S, you are able to submit your H4 visa application through the USCIS.
Remember that having an H4 visa or any U. S visa kinds doesn’t guarantee entry to your U.S. That decision is as much as the slot of entry officers while the Department of Homeland protection. That it is safe to let you enter the U. S, you may do so if they determine.
H4 Visa Processing Time
The processing times for the H4 visa will vary from nation to nation. As your H4 status is based on the status associated with H kind visa owner which means that your partner or parent, it may simply take so long as it can take to process their visa. If, as an example, your better half is trying to get A h-2a visa and you use together, your visa will need the same time frame to process as your spouse’s.
If you’re using individually however, the full time it can take to process the H4 visa may be as much as the U. S Embassy together with workload they’ve.
Just how long Can I stay static in the U. S With an H4 Visa?
Once you submit an application for the H4 visa, you’re going to have to submit your spouse’s or parent’s I-797 form. This type states the times that the visa of the partner or moms and dad is legitimate. Centered on this, the U. S Embassy will even give you a visa using the validity that is same of spouse’s or parent’s visa.
Therefore if your brightbrides.net/russian-bridess/ better half has a visa that is legitimate for 36 months, your H4 visa may also be legitimate for 36 months. That’s the period of time that one can to remain in the U.S.
May I Expand my H4 Visa?
Then you are also eligible to apply for an extension of the H4 visa if your spouse or parent applies for an extension. This can be done by filing Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant reputation.
Along with this type, you’ll have to additionally submit these supporting papers:
- A duplicate of one’s most Form that is recent I-94
- Your spouse’s or moms and dads most Form that is recent I-94
- Copies of the spouse’s or parent’s I-129 kind and form that is i-797 notice of approval
- Evidence of your relationship utilizing the H type visa owner, including the marriage certification for spouses and delivery certification for moms and dads
H4 Visa Interview Issues
You several questions when you attend the interview for an H4 Visa, the consular officer will ask. The meeting may be quite stressful for several, even though the concerns can be fundamental and easy. This is exactly why the answers should be prepared by you ahead of time.
After you will probably find the concerns which can be frequently expected during an H4 Visa interview.